OH. MY. GOODNESS – how have I never thought about creating coconut & almond bircher before?! I have been living off nothing else since I created this recipe yesterday and I really hope you’ll love it just as much as me.
This recipe is so super easy to throw together, it’s great for people on the run who’s not good at eating breakfast because it takes up too much time (!) – NAUGHTY! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it kickstarts your metabolism and sets you up for the rest of the day.
When we soak grains like we do in this Bircher it renders the nutrients in the grain so it becomes more digestible and more easily assimilated by our bodies. The soaking breaks down some of the hard-to-digest proteins, making assimilation much easier, and neutralises phytic acid, which is an anti-nutrient that prevents absorption of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper.
It’s sweet and creamy all together with a hint of cinnamon and delicious vanilla from the almond milk mixed with the coconut – it’s really a match-made in heaven!
Please let me know in the comments what you think of it?
Coconut & Almond Milk Bircher – vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free.
- 1,5 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 70 grams sultanas + 30 grams for decoration
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut + more for decoration
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 handful Blue Diamond Roasted Salted Almonds (chopped) + more to decorate
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Natural Raw C Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp full-fat coconut cream
- 1/2 Pink Lady Apple for decoration (julienned)
- Honey to drizzle
1. Combine oats, chia seeds, sultanas, shredded coconut, cinnamon, rice malt syrup, almonds, almond milk, coconut water & coconut milk in a large container – stir, and leave in fridge for at least 7 hours or preferably overnight.
2. Mix in the full-fat coconut cream and divide amongst 4 bowls. Decorate with apple, sultanas, almonds, shredded coconut, a dollop of coconut cream and a little drizzle of honey.
** Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.